Friday, June 10, 2011

Pushing Through

I talked a friend into running with me tonight.
When I got off work, I quickly changed and headed to the track.
My friend, Ali is just starting out, so she did some interval training to work up her distance.
I set out for a 2 mile run.
There's something about running laps at a track that makes me feel like a caged animal. I'm starting to hate it.
The more I've been running through town, the more I'm disliking running at the track. The track is just becoming a little too monotonous for me.
Somewhere around the 3rd lap, it got miserable. My side started hurting. My calves started cramping. And all I suddenly wanted to do was walk.
But I'm not training for me. And I'm not training to quit.
I pushed through.
I have to say, those were the most miserable 2 miles I've ran in weeks, but they sure felt good when I was done.

However, I came home and found the devil in my house.



Blueberry muffins, chocolate chip cookies, and donuts are the reason I'm toning up, but not losing any weight.
I didn't eat any of the donuts tonight though. I had a massive amount of cereal for supper and a headache that was slowly coming on.
The only thing I could say when I saw the donuts was "Get thee behind me, Satan!" and I walked away.

Tomorrow is my long run. I'll be pushing for nearly 4 miles in the morning.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment