Saturday, June 11, 2011

6 Week Challenge

Through a friend on Facebook, I found the site Hundred Push-Ups. The site contains different challenges, such as push-ups, sit-ups, squats, and pull-ups as well as a few others. The more I looked, the more interested I became. I've been wanting to exercise my upper body more. From all the running I've been doing the last couple weeks, my calves look great.

But, I lack upper body strength. Not to mention, I watch The View online from time to time, and I get jealous of Elisabeth's ridiculously toned arms.

So, I started 3 of the challenges: push-ups and sit-ups for upper body strength and also squats to work my thighs.

I'm not saying how many I did for the initial challenge to see where I stood, but my push-ups were pathetic. I'm hoping this 6 week challenge works. As with anything, I know I'll only get out of this what I put into it. How awesome would it be to do 100 push-ups!? or 200 sit-ups?!

For those who are more athletic or in-shape than I am, I'm sure that's not very ambitious haha, but I'm a girl on a mission. If I'm running 13.1 miles in Memphis in December, I wanna make sure I'm fit to do it.

If any of you take any of the 6 week challenges (or if you already have), let me know how you're doing...or if you've done it, has it worked?!

No comments:

Post a Comment