Thursday, August 25, 2011

Passionate.

A few months ago, I blogged about getting up early and running. That only lasted a short while, then I went back to late afternoon runs. During the last couple months, I've rotated a few running partners. Slacked off, got sick, changed running partners again.
But, I'm back to running alone.
I think this is the way it's meant to be for me though. And now that I'm back to running alone, I've been going to bed early & getting up for 5am for 3-mile runs around town. And I'm loving it. Granted, I'm EXHAUSTED by the end of a 10-11 hour workday, I do not regret my 5am runs. In fact, it's the thing I'm beginning to look forward to and cherish the most.

I'm not a morning person. Never have been, will probably never be. But I love mornings. I love watching the sunrise. Love the sounds and the smells.

Sad to say, but I think it's probably human interaction that I'm just not a fan of in the mornings.

But I enjoy being the only one running the roads.

It's not even 8:30pm now, and I'm already in my pajamas in bed with the lights dimmed. This is almost unheard of for me.

But, I'm starting to realize something. When you become passionate about something, it really will change your life. It'll rearrange your schedule for you. It'll prioritize your life for you. If you're passionate about something, truly passionate, it'll be the first thing you'll want to do in the morning and the last thing on your mind before you go to bed. Discipline and dedication will flow out of your passion.

One other thing, I was reading in Runner's World magazine this morning as I was eating breakfast after my run. I found this advertisement:



I thought that was super cool. I'm so stoked and cannot wait until December. Running the St. Jude Memphis Half is going to be amazing. I so can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment