Thursday, September 1, 2011

Victory!

Sunday, I got up before work and ran 5 miles without stopping for the first time in my life.
Tuesday, I barely made 2 miles and was cloaked in discouragement.

The last several weeks at work have been so completely hectic. We're understaffed at the moment and overworked.
I got my check today for the last 2 weeks of work and really wasn't surprised to see that I was being paid for 100+ hours during those two weeks.
As wiped out as I was when I got off at 5, I resolved to run this afternoon.

And run I did.

It wasn't the greatest run of my life, but it was a good run. And I'm happy to say, I did 5 miles again.
It feels good to accomplish that again, but more so because of the discouragement that followed Tuesdays run.

I'm a big believer in the importance of celebrating small victories. It's a great way to really appreciate every part of life more. It makes me a more positive, enjoyable person. There are too many things in life to complain about and be down about. But, I refuse to complain more than I celebrate.

So tonight, I'm celebrating 20+ hours of overtime on my paycheck and a great run.

Every small victory is still a victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment